VIDEO GAME CHARITIES

Wednesday, July 2, 2014



Just last year I started getting into this whole "speedrun" thing when it showed up on the front page of youtube. I was sort of intrigued by this. I didn't know what to expect when I first opened up one these videos, but what got was a lot of information of the games mechanics. Runners find themselves looking for specific frames that can make the games act differently. It could be clipping on a wall, precise maneuvers on platforms, or even falling in a simple hole that could take you to the end of the game. Better yet they hold these events called "Games Done Quick" for the winter and summer periods to help raise money for charities. Sunday was the last day, but I'm sure you could watch some of the footage on youtube. Thank you guys for doing this. It's pretty cool.

0 comments: