DRAWING BOARDS - POLAROIDS

Tuesday, October 28, 2014




I had recently purchased a Polaroid SX-70 at a consignment shop in Tewksbury, Ma. I debated the thought of getting it just because it wasn't something I was interested in at the time. It was sitting at this shop for a couple of months with anyone having the interest nor idea of coming across a gem like this. I decided to pick it up. I have no regrets.

I want to take more pictures that require no negative cleanup, no color adjustments and no fooling around tonal curves. Don't get me wrong I love doing all of the above, but there are times I just need that image to look good straight from a camera. I'm still not ready to shoot digital again so this is the closest thing to instant gratification that I'm going to get (I do photograph with my phone periodically so I'm not that far away from the medium).

I do have a Polaroid camera already, but shooting in squares seems more enticing. I could keep my Land Camera or just gift it to someone who would appreciate it more than I would. I can always find a camera like that at a thrift shop or consignment store.

Getting the camera meant thinking of a possible project for next year. I've been playing around the idea of doing a monthly project for 2015. It stems from the ROLL CALL series I did last year, but with stricter rules. I've been jotting down ideas and made some conclusions, but retract and add different angles to it. So, it's taking a little bit to decide, but I'm sure something will ring.

Let's hope that this one won't be a failure.

0 comments: